August 7, 2012

BlogHer12 Recap: Parties

I have to admit, I was a little intimidated by the whole party aspect to BlogHer. From talking to past attendees, it can be crowded, people push, hot...people get cranky...and so on and so forth.

So aside from looking pretty awesomesauce, what did I think of the parties and events?

Well...I loved the Expo Hall and am really excited about the connections that I made with some incredible companies. While it was really crowded on the first floor on Thursday night, I really really really enjoyed the second floor and made my best connections up there.
Thursday: Expo Hall! From Dole Fruit to cleaning with Lysol, we looked stylin' {Kristine Cook Designs custom dress, Amber Bryce Luxe Bohemian druzy bracelet}

The People's Party was a great mixer and an opportunity to meet some ladies that I've been reading for years. Queerosphere was delightful and I had a BLAST at it! The music was divine and it felt like you were transported to another world. Loved it!
Thursday: People's Party and Queerosphere {Tina Dean Designs fused clutch and Amber Bryce Luxe Bohemian druzy bracelet}

Hasbro, while not an official BlogHer party, was an insane amount of fun and I had a blast at the NERF booth, and relived my childhood with the butterscotch haystacks. Meeting Optimus Prime may just be the highlight of my weekend! I sent the photo to my husband, and he even got excited. PIME, as he is affectionately called by my toddler, is kind of a big deal around here
Friday: Hasbro, naturally with Optimus Prime! {Kristine Cook Designs jacket, Tina Dean Designs clutch, Amber Bryce Luxe Bohemian druzy necklace}

Sparklecorn was hilarious, and busy, and hot and after an afternoon of walking Broadway and Times Square, my feet needed a break and it was nice to unwind at the hotel bar, where my tutu literally filled up the entire chair.
Friday: Sparklecorn in the prettiest tutu ever by Atutudes Handmade Tutu {Tina Dean Designs clutch, Amber Bruce Luxe Bohemian earrings and necklace}

The 6pm fashion show, followed later on my CheeseburgHer, was amazing. I'd never been to an event like that, but I felt SO at home in the environment that they created {well done, 6pm!!}. It was chic and modern, and so incredibly inspiring to me.
Saturday: 6pm fashion show {Kristine Cook Designs peplum dress, Amber Bryce Luxe Bohemian statement earrings, Ostlund Custom Works hammered cuff, Tina Dean Designs VHS wristlet}

All in all, amazing experiences and awesome parties. Sometimes a little overwhelming, and a wee bit loud music wise, but it was just nice to dress up, put on some heels and grab a glass of champagne with your girlfriends to make some real relationships blossom.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Kristine's designs are absolutely gorgeous on you! I'm so glad the clutches matched so well.

Steph said...

I loved that tutu on you. You rocked it!

CMC said...

I saw you in line for Sparklecorn wearing the tutu, loved, loved the look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips