May 23, 2013

New Year New Home - Pirate Themed Toddler Bedroom


Ever since we moved into our new house last year, I wanted to give our little guy a space of his own. If I'm in my studio during the day, I like having him close by but want him to feel comfortable and inspired in his own space. That meant taking it from young-toddler room to preschooler room, and completely changing his bedroom decor.


I reached out to Laura of 2Clvr 4 U Designs and said that I wanted to play off of the airplane hanging from his ceiling {for sentimental reasons as it was my Dad's} and we met about a week later. She showed me pictures of a pirate ship that she had created, out of paper, and immediately I was hooked. My little dude loves pirates, and I love the vintagey look that Laura came up with, all inspired by Peter Pan.

I really loved the entire process of working with Laura. Each piece of paper art that she designed was created from scratch; there were no patterns, and really...I just let her go with whatever felt right.

What she created was beyond my wildest imagination. A pirate ship made out of paper, strung from the ceiling and floating on a vintage paper balloon.


She asked if there were any other decor elements for his new room that I would like to see. I told her that I currently had some framed lyrics flanking his windows, and some baseball photography over top of his dresser and she went to town with her paper art.


Now flanking the windows are these amazing worn looking paper maps with treasure chests on them, one of which is personalized with Owen's name.










His dresser is quite possibly my most favourite part of his room now. Paper boats, a skull and cross bones, and the most boyish yet beautiful paper bunting. I absolutely love it and Owen does too!


The next job for his room are creating a comfy corner with handpainted pillows, a stained wooden treasure chest to hold books, and some rope name art for over top of his bed {an idea that my husband and I came up with together, which we both really love.}

If you are in need of some custom paper art, be it for your home decor {how pretty would a wall installation of paper flowers be?!}, party or wedding, I would highly recommend working with 2Clvr 4 U Designs. Laura makes the entire process easy and seamless, and really gets your vision...then takes it to the next level!


Disclaimer: 2Clvr 4 U Designs is a sponsor of the New Year New Home blog series. While all of the opinions and views expressed are my own, I was compensated for this post and provided the decor to review for the purposes of this post.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love her work!! Especially that Pirate Ship!! Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips